Upcoming events & Activities
The Activities Committee Schedule of Events
- Saturday, February 23 - Valentine Dance & Potluck
- Sunday, February 24 - Transformer - The Documentary - 2-4 p.m.
In the summer of 2015, former US Marine and world record weightlifter Matt "Kroc" Kroczaleski was publicly outed as being transgender. The reaction was universal: her sponsors abandoned her, she was disowned by her parents, banned from competing, and she changed her name to "Janae." This film follows Janae as she attempts to find her place in society. Initially wanting to strip off the muscle and become a much smaller looking woman, she found herself unable to lose the muscle she so desperately gained. She now finds herself living one day as an alpha male and the next day as a delicate girl. Discussion to follow movie. PRESENTED BY: First Parish Norwell SOCIAL JUSTICE COMMITTEE ON LGBTQ ISSUES
- February-March - Canvass
- Wednesday, March 13 - 5:00 - 6:30 pm Community Dinner in our Parish Hall.
- Saturday, March 30 - 6:30 pm GOODS AND SERVICES AUCTION
Don't miss the fun and festivities. Share your talents. Donate boats, babysitting, baking and bijou. Dessert, coffee and BYOB will start at 6:30 pm and the auction will begin at 7:00 pm. A Silent Auction will be held for Food, art, special gifts and smaller items.
Auction donations are needed now! This is a super fun evening. We invite you to bring a close friend to the auction if you like. Extra bidders make for more fun, but it is not open to the general public. Absentee bids are accepted. Child care will be available, provided by Maebon Puleio and Jonah Handleman – come in your PJ's and bring a cuddly friend! We will also have a 50/50 raffle, with our share going to the Community Dinners. A bid form is listed on page 10. Peg Kitchenham will also have forms with her at Coffee Hour or you can email her at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What can you donate?
• A boat or fishing trip, picnics or pool parties
• Dinners at your home or restaurant
• Cottages - for a week, a weekend or to be your guest.
• Golf games, bowling, movie tickets or other fun
• Computer or other tech help, lessons
• Crafts, baked items, art work for the silent auction
• Baby or dog care, yard work and drives to Logan
A bid list and photos will be posted on the bulletin board under the TV screen in the Parish Hall.
- Saturday, April 6 – LGBTQ Dance
- Wednesday, April 10 - 5:00 - 6:30 pm Community Dinner in our Parish Hall.
- Sunday, April 21 – Easter
- Saturday May 4 – Goods and Services Auction
- Wednesday, May 8 - 5:00 - 6:30 pm Community Dinner in our Parish Hall.
- Saturday, May 18 - Golf Tournament
- Wednesday, June 10 - 5:00 - 6:30 pm Community Dinner in our Parish Hall.
- Sunday, June 16 – All Church/RE Potluck Lunch
Every Friday at 8:30 am – Breakfast at Sam's in Scituate Harbor (all are welcome).
1st Monday of the month at 6 pm - Men's Dinner at someone's home.
1st Wednesday of the month - Book Group – 7 pm in the Fogg Parlor
3rd Wednesday of the month at 10 am – Alliance events
Please join us for our meetings (usually the first Sunday of each month at 11:30) and for all these events.
Photos from our Recent Events are posted on our Facebook page! Take a look!
Past Events & Activities
See our 375th Anniversary page!
See Our 375 Year TimeLine - Created at our Time Line Pot Luck in September!
Cradles to Crayons
The group includes: Donna Wilson, Jessie & Otto Slade, Ben Metzger, Aidan Robey, Emily Villagio Grant and Matilda and Cassidy, Rev Lise, Amanda & Addie Peterson and Jessie Yardley
Racial Justice Chalice Project
On Sunday, March 26th FPNUU hosted a racial justice event in collaboration with Action Together SE Massachusetts and South Shore Action. First the documentary 13th was shown, followed by Deacon McWhite from Messiah Baptist church in Brockton speaking on prison reform and racial injustice. We also hosted an expo to provide the community and audience a chance to meet with local activism groups. Participating were: Our Revolution, SS Citizens for Equality, South Shore Action, Action Together SE MA, and SURJ (showing up for racial justice). 54 people attended this event.
A Festival of Nine Lessons & Carols
Annual North River Regatta
Annual Spring Golf Tournament
Annual Holiday Fair
Goods & Services Auction
Family Bowling Night
80s Dance Party
All Church RE Picnic